Monday, November 14, 2011

101 Things in 1001 Days

So, a few of my friends are doing this, and after having read their lists I  thought it would be a pretty fun challenge to do for the next few years.  I think a lot of people can benefit from it in a positive way.


This is my 101 things to do in 1001 Days.  If you think you might want to make your own list http://dayzeroproject.com/about/ tells more about it.




Health, Fitness, Sports:
1. Learn how to snow board
2. Take a dance class
3. Play indoor soccer I played Volleyball instead.  Next time will be soccer!
4. Abstain from alcohol for a month (0/30)
5. Eat vegetarian for a week (0/7)
6. Go to the gym 3 times a week for a month (12/12)
7. Give up coffee and soda for 6 months straight (0/6)
8. Make more of an effort to get back on your diet for 1 month (30/30)

Finances:
9. Only spend money on necessities for two weeks (14/14)
10. Eat in for 3 weeks (21/21)
11. Make an Investment

Relationship/Friends:

12. Go on a family vacation
13. Make a Birthday Cake for someone Cara's 26th Birthday! Snow White!

14. Send someone a surprise care-package
15. Make a new Friend
16. Visit 2 friends that lives in a different state (1/2) Colorado: Kirstin/Megan.
17. Go on a trip with my closest friends Impromptu Road trip to FL with the gang! 
18. Host a themed party that hasn't been done before

Family Time / Bonding:
19. Take my mom on a date Took mom to dinner and a show at Olney!
20. Call my brother once a month for a year just to chat (5/12)
21. Visit 2 of my extended family members (1/2) Aunt Dale and Uncle Johnny are the best!  They took us poor abandoned, ship-less sailors in.
22. Go on a girls vacation with my mom.
23. Take my Step Dad out to something fun
24. Take my nephew out for a day  - Took Blaine to Busche Gardens Christmas Town!  Had a really great time and took a picture with Santa.

Travel, Vacations, Trips:
25. Go to Vegas
26. Take a trip with a friend
27. Take Jenni to see a Broadway Show Took her to see "Once - A new musical" it was awesome.
28. Go Camping
29. Take a tour of DC
30. Go to Colorado
31. Visit 3 museums I've never been to before (1/3)
  • Newseum!  Sooo awesome!
32. Go to the beach in the winter - Christmas at the beach!
33. Go to Boston

34. Go hiking
35. Go tubing
36. Take a photo day trip on my own

Projects:
37. Actually learn a knitting pattern
38. Make a corset on your own Made one For Cara to match the tunic I made for Wes.
39. Complete a new costume  Mom Helped!
40. Go to a paint-your-own pottery shop
41. Do a photography project every two months for a year (0/6)
42. Make 30 recipes I’ve never made before (2/30)
  1. Bacon Cream Cheese Wraps -- Huge Hit!
  2. Peanut butter cup brownies.
43. Record a Holiday CD for my family
44. Find an inspirational quote and work it into an art decor for you home

Self-Improvement:
45. Don't say or think anything negative about yourself for a month (30/30)
46. Send a thank you note to someone who has inspired me -- Maggie
47. Spend an entire day outside
48. Learn 5 new songs to sing (0/5)
49. Learn how to meditate and do it every day for 2 weeks (0/14)
50. Don't worry about boys for a week (7/7)
51. Go Facebook Free for 2 weeks (14/14)
52. Read 20 new books (16/20)
  1. Dances With Dragons 
  2. Hunger Games
  3. Catching Fire
  4. Mockingjay
  5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone  
  6. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrects
  7. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  8. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  9. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
  10. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
  11. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  12. Fifty Shades of Grey
  13. Fifty Shades Darker
  14. Fifty Shades Freed
  15. Water For Elephants
  16. Outlander
53. Make a list of 101 things that make me happy (101/101)
54. Practice voice for a half hour every day for 2 weeks (0/14)
55. Write a letter to every teacher that has inspired me and thank them

Entertainment/ Arts/ Culture
56. Listen to a song by a new artist every day for 3 months (13/90)
  1. "Paper Thin Walls" by Modest Mouse 
  2. "Dance so good" by Wakey! Wakey!
  3. "Ice Heavy Branches" by The Appleseed Cast
  4. "Living together" by Circa Survive
  5. "The Martyr" by Cursive
  6. "German Engineer" By Maritime
  7. "Timebomb" by The Whitest Boy Alive
  8. "Drove Through Ghost To Get Here" by 65 Days of Static
  9. "Moon Child" By M83
  10. "Micah" By Russian Circles
  11. "Lost and Found" by Tobin Amon
  12. "You" by Gold Panda
  13. "Blink In The Night" by Grasscut
57. Go to a concert with a band I've never seen - Reel Big Fish!  They Were AWESOME
58.  Attend either a live opera performance or ballet
59. Go to a professional Sporting event
60. Go to a live comedy show - Brad Williams - Coming up short. OMG Love him. 

61. Eat a type of cuisine I've never had before. Australian..that's right, I had kangaroo.
62. Learn 25 sign language signs (8/25)
  1. Horse
  2. Cow
  3. Bitch
  4. Awekward
  5. Virgina
  6. Penis
  7. More
  8. Dog
  9. Squiral
  10. Cat
63. Go to 10 new restaurants (10/10)
  • American Tap Room in Bethesda - Very yummy.  I got the Rosemary-garlic chicken with spinach and artichoke smear with sugar cured bacon and pepper jack cheese.
  • Caddies in Bethesda - Perfect for Football!  Their wings are pretty good, and their cheesy tater Tots are big enough to share (with 3 people). How awesome is that?! A place that serves tater  tots!!
  • Old Ebbit, Washington DC.  Pretty much Clydes with a different name. But very good.  I had the Crab Cake with green beans and mashed potatos. 
  • Aunt Annie's in Bethesda - It was good. I had the salmon and it was tasty but over all wasn't that impressed.
  • The Taco Bar in Rio- Best Gasstation food I have ever had.  They make the best, fresh guacamole to order.
  • Not Your Average Joes - omg, the best bread and olive oil cheesy goodness that i have ever had as an appetizer. 
  • The Olde Pink House - Awesome haunted house turned restaurant in Savannah, GA.  Very good food. I would love to go back.
  • Vinny Go-Gos - best and BIGGEST slice of pizza ever!! Savannah, GA
  • Wild Wings - We punished 106 Wings. 11 different flavors. Amazing. Savannah, GA
  • Vapiano -  Awesome Italian place in Bethesda.  Everything in=s mad to order, you pick with pasta, the sauce, what you want in it. Same with many other foods, pizza, salads, appetizers, everything.
64. Try 20 new Wines I have never had before. (6/20)
  • Fetzer - 2009 California Riesling.  Very good, not too sweet. Definitely would buy again.
  •  Bollini, Pinot Grigio - Italy.  Good wine, a bit too dry for my taste.
  •  Hoag, Resling - California.  Very good wine.  Is on the sweet side, but not too sweet.
  •  Twisted River - California.
  •  Luna Di Luna - Italy.
  • Jekel - California.

65. Watch 26 movies that I have never seen the begins with each letter of the alphabet (0/26)
  • A-
  • B-
  • C- The Court Jester -- VERY funny!
  • D- Dark Night Rises
  • E-
  • F-
  • G- Girl with the Dragon Tattoo -- AMAZING!  Can't wait for the other two movies to come out!
  • H- HUNGER GAMES!!!
  • I-
  • J-
  • K-
  • L- Limitless
  • M- The Muppet's Movie - Awesome move!  I thought they did a really great job and kept true to the Muppet traditions!
  • N-
  • O-
  • P-
  • Q-
  • R-
  • S- Season of the Witch -- Interesting... if you watch it, please watch it with Adam after a few drinks :)
  • T- Tower Highst -- Good movie, probably would have waited for it to come out on neflix if my parents had not paid for it.
  • U-
  • V- Victor, Victoria
  • W-
  • X-
  • Y-
  • Z-

General Happiness/ Life Experiences / Well-Being / Good Karma / Community:
66. Watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day. Watched the sunrise in the car driving into Florida. While soaking in the hot tube at my uncles place, watching the sunset over the beautiful canal.
67. See the Northern Lights
68. Kiss in the rain
69. Be happy every day for a week (7/7)
70. Do something that scares me once a month for a year (2/12)
71. Get a pedicure once a month for a year (6/12)
72. When voting in the 2012 election, know what all the candidates stand for and be truly informed on every person I'm voting for
73. Make and send a care package to 3 soldiers
74. Compliment someone every day for a week (0/7)
75. Get a Massage
76. Pay for a stranger in line behind me
77. Volunteer my time over the holiday seasons.
78. Volunteer for my High School Theatre Department.

Fun for Fun's Sake:
80. Go Ski Diving
81. Host a poker night
82. Have a snow ball war with friends
83. Jump into a body of water fully clothed
84. Stay up all night
85. Spend an entire day in my Pjs watching movies and eating only junk food
86. Go Ice Skating

87. Take more pictures of friends and create a scrapbook for 2012
88. Go all out decorating my apartment for a holiday
89. Complete a 365 day photo challenge
79. Go Paintballing
90. Wish on a star once a month for a year (3/12)
91. Build a snow man.

Misc.:
92. Buy a lottery ticket once a month for a year (1/12)
94. Take a picture every day for a month (0/31)
95. Do my make-up different for a week (7/7)
96. Learn how to curl my hair and do it once a week for a month (0/4)
97. Take a walk alone for no reason
98. Go to a Drive-in movie
99. Go to a Trivia or kareoke once a month for a year (12/12)
100. Tie a note to a balloon and let it go
101. Get a haircut I never thought I would

So much fun!  Time to get started!!

:)

4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic list! Although, it goes without saying that #27 is my favorite. ;) I'm def going to be stealing some of yours when it's time for me to make a new list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I figured you would like that one. I can't get over that you have never seen a show on BW and I am determined to change that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list.

    And inviting myself to YOUR numbers 27 and 81 would also fulfill MY numbers 62 and 84. Just sayin. ;)

    I think we're all going to have an awesome time doing things together and helping each other achieve goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gonna be a ton of fun!!! Love your list!

    ReplyDelete